In this week’s newsletter:
- Annual General Meeting Candidates
- Upcoming Events
- Annual General Meeting
- Comp2310 Study Event with tutors and Pizza! date changed
- Monthly Munchies! August Edition
- CSSA goes to Questacon
- Other News
- Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO) Undergraduate Scholarships for Female Students in Science & Engineering
- Regular Events
- Wednesday Night Board Games
- Our Sponsors
Annual General Meeting Candidates
The AGM is tonight at 18:00 in N101. The candidates are:
- President: Martin Henschke, Caitlin Macleod, Hong You
- Vice-President: Benjamin Roberts, Martin Henschke, Bing Chu, Hong You, Jan Zimmer, Ben Creelman
- Secretary: Bing Chu, Caitlin Macleod, Hong You
- Treasurer: Stuart Herring, Caitlin Macleod, Hong You, Steven Rogers, Jan Zimmer
- General Representative: Pfalzgraf, Robert ‘Probie’ Offner, Benjamin Roberts, Bing Chu, Martin Henschke, Caitlin Macleod, Hong You, Nicholas Mobbs, Jan Zimmer, Ben Creelman.
- International Representative: Mojtaba Rezvani, Hong You
- Postgraduate Representative: Mojtaba Rezvani
- Common Room Officers: Kaley Poole, Daniel Filan, Stuart Herring, George Ryans, Pfalzgraf, Chanakya, Robert ‘Probie’ Offner, Patrick Paton, Benjamin Roberts, Martin Henschke, Caitlin Macleod, Bing Chu, Nicholas Mobbs, Jan Leike, Andrew Donnellan.
Nominations for the 2014-15 CSSA Committee and Common Room Subcommittee are now open!
We’re looking for enthusiastic volunteers to run the club for the next year. It’s not a job for everyone - we need people with plenty of initiative and ability to manage one of the ANU’s most active societies. However, you don’t need experience, and there’ll be plenty of support around to help you out.
There are openings for a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, 5 General Representatives, a Postgraduate Representative and an International Representative.
This year, we will also be electing 5 Common Room Officers, who will assist the Committee in maintaining the N102 Common Room. If you’d like to help run our common room without taking on the full responsibilities of a committee member, now’s your chance!
The election will be conducted at the AGM on 21 August (more details below) - you will have the chance to speak at the meeting and convince everyone that you’re the best person for the job!
If you wish to nominate, please complete the Nomination Form. More information about the process can be found in the Constitution, and more information about the different committee roles can be found in the Committee By-Laws.
Nominations close at 23:59 Tuesday 19 August!
If you have any enquiries, please contact the Returning Officer, Chanakya Goli, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time: Thursday, 21st August 2014, Time 18:00
Location: CSIT N101
Comp2310 Study Event with tutors and Pizza!
Need help with the first assignment in Comp2310?
Come along to the study event, there will be tutors from the course to help go through your questions and help teach you what you need to know for the assignment.
Time: Thursday, 28th August 2014, 18:00 - 0:00
Location: Hancock West
Hey postgrads and friends! Catch up with your peers over free finger food, cakes and drinks in a relaxed atmosphere. Vegetarian options available.
Please RSVP for catering purposes to email@example.com or via this facebook event.
Time: Friday, 29th August 2014, 16:00
Location: Ian Ross Staff Room
CSSA goes to Questacon! If you ever wanted to go to Questacon with a bunch of friends this is your chance.
Celebrate the end of term 1 with a fun packed day.
Details about how to get there and prices here:
Each person is responsible for getting there and paying for their entrance.
The CSSA will coordinated carpooling through the facebook event page.
Time: Saturday, 6th September 2014, 11:00
Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO) Undergraduate Scholarships for Female Students in Science & Engineering
The DSTO Undergraduate Scholarships for Female Students in Science & Engineering is now open for applications.
Applications close on 24 September 2014. All information you need should be on the above link.
Take a Ticket to Ride and Come Settle in our Dominion at CSSA board games night! CSSA board games night is Articulate. Other board game nights are Absolute Balderdash.
Time: Wednesdays, 19:00 - Late
Location: CSIT N101
Got something to say?
The CSSA Times is looking for writers! If you’d like to contribute an article, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Know something we don’t?
If you’ve got an event or job posting relevant to CSSA members, please let us know at email@example.com
Got an idea?
The CSSA is always interested in helping our fantastic members run events. We can help you run your dream event or just help fund and promote it. If you have an idea you’d like us to have a look at, fill in this form.